Saturday, July 11, 2009

What you see is not always what you get!

I was musing today (something my husband says is dangerous) about something a young girl at the check out and her friend had said to me my last night in England. She said I was so lucky to be going home and when I asked her why she said it was because everyone was nice in the States. I asked if everyone wasn't nice there and I was told no, they are mean. Of course this is a generalization, but I think I know what she meant. My friend who moved there has had some character building experiences and i think the difference is that they are always nice to your face, but you don't know who actually might be harboring a grudge or two. I found everyone to be quite friendly, but isn't that the beauty of visiting and not living somewhere.

My Dvd drive is now up and running thanks to a friend's son, yeah! You dont' realize how much you rely upon it until it doesn't work!

No comments:

Post a Comment