Monday, July 27, 2009

A moment of Joy

Just as I was missing my son terribly, a neighbor dropped by with a picture of him with her son. There is no better gift a mother could receive, he looked happy and that is what matters. One reason I was missing him so much was because today a group of friends and I from our water aerobics class went with our Russian friend Jenny, who is also in the class, to the Oquirrh Mountain LDS temple open house (SLC UT). There were close to a dozen sister (girl/21 years and older) missionaries at the open house. I have a soft spot in my heart for them because almost 27 years ago, August 4th to be exact, I left home for my mission in Rome Italy. I spoke to all the sisters finding out where they were from, how long they had been here, did they know English before and so on. I guess that got my emotions going or something. I even had to stop in to the work place of a friend of my son's to somehow touch a part of life before I dropped him off, thanks for putting up with me Scottie! It was a great afternoon and I hope that poor Jenny's brain didn't explode with all the information input, we love you Jenny! I think we did our job in educating her about Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment