Saturday, July 25, 2009

Like the man who built his house upon the sand...

Picking up and adding to a phrase of my son, on a day that was hotter that Gwen Stephani and Gavin Rossdale, I chose to have a yard sale. Yes, I was foolish just like that man who built upon the sand. Notice that I said "I", when you and you alone are the one to decide something, the responsibiltiy lies with you and no one (should they?) else feels any responsibility. After a hot day, and let's not forget the rain, it's no fun to clean up alone.

I also haven't grasped the idea of a yard SALE. My almost 13 year old was frustrated with me because every time someone came up that looked like they could use a little boost, I gave items too them free of charge. I'm very quick with my handy dandy calculator, so try as you might, even if you read this blog, you will never know who you are; except maybe the cute little boy who wanted a gift for his mother. I gave him a small bottle of body wash and you have never seen anyone so excited. OK so I wasn't meant for the dog eat dog world, but the infectious smile of a child is worth more to me than any money is.

Dayne reported in on Thursday as anticipated, only I haven't had a chance to write. He had the opportunity to teach his not so knowledgeable about girls companion, all about them. There might be a problem with the group getting their visas, regardless of what happens, I feel that it's all in the Lord's hands. We might not know why certain things happen, it's only at the end of whatever the situation is, that we can look back with wisdom. He also had to teach volunteers the lessons, not fun. As I look back on all that was accomplished in two months it's quite amazing, but while you're in the midst of it, it seems like you will never catch on or get it right. He reports that he is no longer allowed to play basketball because of his amazing skills, this week slam dunking the ball one handed after a spectacular 360. He also bore his testimony in spanish, well done son, bravo.

"quiero dar mi testimonio. el evangelio de Jesucristo
es verdadero. Yo se que jesucristo camino la
tierra y murio por mis pecados. La expiacion es real.
Yo se que el padre celestial escucha mis araciones.
A traves de la expiacion, familias pueden ser eternas.
Yo se que thomas s monson es el profeta verdadero
hoy. My spanish isn't the best yet so the conjugations
might be wrong but if you can't understand it ask ron
if you can borrow baxter."
If you didn't understand that last line,
watch Ron Burgandy:Anchorman
buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment