Thursday, September 24, 2009

Update for the week of September 21

Dayne's letters are getting shorter and shorter, but that's OK because he seems to pack a lot into them. One of my favorite times of day was when Dayne would come home and share with me some of the funny things that happened during the day, that chat is what I miss the most now. He hasn't had any funny stories to regale me with, however I received one on Monday. In his own words: "I have some good stories this week, the first one is amazing! It was raining really hard one day so the streets were pure mud. One truck slid into the zanca and we tried pushing his truck out. My companion was pushing and slipped in the mud and fell in the zanca, his whole body went under and the funny part is that a guy peed in it right before he fell! As he started to slip there wasn't anything i could do besides get a big smile on my face and watch him fall. I really don´t think the zancas are the sewers because i don't see poop in them but all of the sinks are hooked up to them and they are full of rotten water. he was pretty upset and I couldn't stop laughing. He didn't appreciate it but i didn't care. We went home early that night because his whole body was soaked, ha ha."
Well, that was a good laugh at the expense of Elder Elder; I hope he was able to get his clothes white again!

Dayne is getting used to the food and had to eat something he thought he would never have to eat again...gnocchi! I served them to my family once and he didn't care too much for them. They are little boiled Italian potato cakes and they are yummy! Of course I always eat them with sauce.

I say good night and GOOD LUCK to Elder Elder! That son of mine can be motivated when he wants to get things done. Actually I just wanted to say that again, Elder Elder!

No comments:

Post a Comment